- Book Covers that don’t represent the story inside.
- Half naked people who don’t have anything to do with the story.
- Crazy colours and zany patterns on covers of serious non-fictions.
- Animation on the cover of non-comic or non-graphic novels.
- Women posed on covers that seem out of place and who are not part of the story.
- Women in fancy dresses on a cover for a story having nothing to do with dresses.
- Plain covers. Zero graphics, title and author only
- Tiny writing on covers.
- Too much writing that adds up to a mess on covers.
- Romance stories with buffed man and gorgeous woman on cover.
- Crappy artwork on picture books.
- Science Fiction covers that all seem the same to all the rest.
- Horrible colour blends on covers that hurt the eyes.
- Terrible depiction of main character on front cover.
- Huge lettering used for Author’s name, little letters for title.
AND THE WORST THING I HATE:
REUSED COVERS FOR DIFFERENT BOOKS, BY DIFFERENT PUBLISHERS, OR EVEN MORE TERRIBLE, BY THE SAME PUBLISHER A FEW YEARS LATER.
Come on people, have a bit of originality!